I must say, I think they turned out great!


Here is what I did to dress them up.


Last night I went to sleep having finished the process of gluing on the Epsom Salt with the Mod Podge...


I let them sit on the drying rack overnight, so that the mod podge would (hopefully) be good and cured by this morning when I needed to get them fancied up and wrapped for the boys to give to their teachers.

I used some red, satin ribbon...


steel wire...


and ball point pins...


I wrapped the ribbon around the candle lining it up just past where the epsom salt ended. I wrapped the ribbon as tightly as I could, while trying to cause the least amount of disruption to the salt (this was easier said than done). I folded over the ribbon on the end that would overlap and secured it with two matching red pins stuck directly into the candle...



I then took my wire, making sure that I had enough of it to wrap around the candle several times, and twisted it in the back to keep the wire tight...

I punched a hole in a small card that I attached to the candle, running the wire through the hole...


The greeting I wrote in their teacher's cards:


Hoping your Holiday is

Merry & Bright!




I am really happy with how they look!

The satin ribbon makes the candle feel fun and festive for Christmas, and the wire adds just a bit more shine to the already sparkly candles.




Of course, once Christmas is over, they can take off the wire and ribbon if they choose and they will be left with an elegant, simple candle that they can enjoy all year long.




I found the perfect gift bags for our 9 inch candles in the...

wine department

at the grocery store!

Seriously.

Wine bags were the only bags tall enough.

And once I saw these bags, I knew the boys would love them, which would make it even more fun for them to present to their teachers...


I'm going to dress up the other 4 candles that I made last night to give as gifts as well, but I want to change up the look a bit.

Maybe a bit more rustic and subdued.

Here's hoping the next four work out as smoothly as the first two!




P.S. I am posting this at:

The Inspired Room for Holiday Linky Friday

The Shabby Nest for Frugal Friday


0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online