This doesn't come anywhere close to the image that comes to mind when I close my eyes and envision my family on a camping trip, but if somehow I could make it look like this, it would be the perfect camping trip...


Ahhh...

I stumbled upon these Canvas Cabins while trying to plan a Father's Day/Birthday camping trip that we're taking on the 20th. Sadly, this is not where we will end up, but you can bet I'll be keeping this in the file and making it happen eventually!

You can stay in these luxury tents at Lakedale Resort at Three Lakes in the beautiful San Juan Islands.

Have you ever heard of Glamping?

I had not, but I am all for it!

Ditch the Sleeping Bag and Go Glamping
--Glamorous Camping on San Juan Island

If you love being in the woods but pitching a tent is not for you, consider an upscale, unique camping experience in our custom-built canvas cabins. Strung like pearls lakeside, each 225 sq. ft. canvas cabin features one queen bed with pillow-top bedding, cotton sheets, pillows and a flannel duvet, a table and four chairs, a cordless lantern, storage, and bath linens.


Seriously - pillow top bedding while "camping"...sign me up!


And how great is this?

They also have

Glamping Survival Kits



Shopping is a must in Friday Harbor. The area is famous for its art galleries, antique shops, bookstores, and charming boutiques. To experience the beauty of the nearby islands, walk, drive, or ride a bike on the inter-island ferry.





So I'm ready to sign up with my girlfriends for a night away!
But since I am supposed to be planning a family camping trip, I need to stay focused. Lucky for me, they also have regular pitch-a-tent-and-make-a-fire campsites available.

You can head down to the dock and set out on a row boat, paddle boat or canoe as well as fish in the lake (the boys would love that!)...


...follow the trails on your bike or by foot...

...and make your way to the General Store where you will find fresh hot coffee and espresso, groceries, wine, beer, camping and fishing gear, bait, ice, and wood, as well as their new Grab 'n Go Gourmet!


You can also rent a vintage 31-foot 1978 Airstream Sovereign to stay in!Tucked into magnificent pine trees lakeside with a private deck (fluffing it vs. roughing it). “Camp” in true Airstream style with Lakedale travel coffee mugs, hot cocoa, and a harmonica for some music ‘round the campfire.

How fun would that be?


Like I said, I'll be keeping this in mind for a future trip!

I think this time we are going to head to Kalaloch near Forks, WA.

(I wonder how many comments I'll get just from saying that!)


Ok, off to do more camping research!


0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online