Remember the "Free Stuff" Headboard that I found on the side of the road?

My husband declared it a piece of junk and couldn't figure out why I would even bother wasting time on it...

But, persistence pays off!

Look at it now!

I love how it turned out!

My husband built onto it creating a very sturdy bench that spans nearly 5 & 1/2 feet!

Once he was done building, I painted it white and distressed the old and new wood. I stained the exposed new wood to make it look more uniform in the "worn" spots.

Then it got a couple coats of poly, so that it could sit outside on our deck...

I have wire bins that slide underneath holding beach towels for the kids...





I'm tempted to take a picture of it and leave it on the doorstep of the house that the headboard came from! Just so they can see that it didn't go to waste. You know, like that show Junk Brothers where the guys take "Free Stuff" junk, give it a makeover and then take it back the following night so the owner's can enjoy it again!

Except....I won't be giving this back.

I like it too much!

Once again, much love and thanks to my handy-carpenter-husband for making something great!

Do you know that once I got it painted he actually said "wow...it would have been a pretty headboard" to which I had to reply "See! I told you so!"

When will he learn?

So what about you? Find any good junk lately?

....................................................

Be sure to head over to Between Naps On The Porch to see even more makeovers in this week's Metamorphosis Monday! And if you feel so inclined, add one of your makeovers to the list!

Many thanks to Susan for hosting this weekly event!

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online