The family room and kitchen before...







And how it all looks now...

with freshly painted walls and Board and Batten surrounding the space.

The cardinal points of the compass is an idea that I have had for a while, but with the holidays it was just to busy to turn it into a reality.






This is the reproduction map of our town that we got while in the city for our anniversary. My Handy Man (my husband) framed it in a beautiful piece of poplar. I love how it fits into the room and has meaning behind it...

We framed one of my husband's aeronautical maps of the Puget Sound in fence paneling. I love that it has a rustic feel to it. The map provided the perfect color, so it was a must for the room!



Adding the latitude, longitude and elevation was my husband's idea!



















Our son loves to plant his apple seeds every time that he eats an apple. The amazing thing is that they actually grow!

..................................................................................

I'm very happy with how it all turned out! The space is comfortable and cozy while still being fresh and bright. We were able to try something new for us by installing the board and batten and my vision for the compass turned out just as I had hoped. The family room and kitchen now feel like they actually fit in with the rest of the house. The disjointed feeling that the rooms had before wasn't something that I was willing to settle for. I think I accomplished a theme without it being "in your face" or over the top. This room acts as a true "family room" on a daily basis, so I needed to achieve the balance of functioning for my kids while still being a beautiful space for me! It was very time consuming and exhausting since I had to paint almost non-stop to get it done, but in the end the hard work is always worth the effort! And now I can finally say that this room is done!


0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online