Every time a Pottery Barn catalog comes in the mail, I scour it from front to back looking for inspiration for future projects. I always find something I wish I could add to my home, but never, ever consider paying the Pottery Barn price.

When I saw the Cubby Organizer, it was love at first sight...


but...

not only is it out of my price range at $129.00 - realistically, it's too big at 30" square for any of the spots I would want to hang it in my home. And 25 cubbies could be a lot to fill without making it look cluttered...

if only it was a bit smaller, it would be perfect.



But I keep coming back to it.

I love the distressed wood.

The look of it.

All of the possibilities for how it could be accessorized...


And then, it hit me.

I already have a cubby organizer!

It's not something that was intended to be used in this way,

but that makes it even better.


Re-purposing is one of my favorite things to do!


My "cubby organizer" is just 12" wide by 18" tall and has a modest 12 squares to fill...


So, here is my Vintage Schweppes Wooden Bottle Crate

re-purposed as a Pottery Barn inspired Cubby Organizer...



It's sitting on the mantel in our family room and I love how it looks...


Filled with a few letters and some of my favorite finds from the sea, it is now a focal point and the perfect way to display them as a collection...









Thanks, Pottery Barn...

Keep the inspiration coming!

..........................................................................

If you would like a vintage crate of your own, check out these beauties on Etsy:

Vintage Wooden Bottle Crate





P.S. I am adding this to:

Metamorphosis Monday, Make It For Monday, Make Your Monday, Trash To Treasure,
DIY Day, Show And Tell Day, Thrifty Thursday,Transformation Thursday,
Strut Your Stuff Thursday, Show Off Your Stuff, Under $100, Frugalicious Friday,
Show And Tell Friday, Saturday Nite Special, The Shabby Chic Cottage,

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online